The most destructive weapon with solid molecular charges. Used mainly for hitting far-away targets, since it is most efficient at long ranges.
- Power consumtion: 120
- Standard: 4; Heavy
- Type of impact: energy
- Firing rate: 20 rounds per minute
- Damage / volumetric: 5500 / 300 points
- Bulk damage radius: 20 meters
- Price: 29000 energy crystals
Changes in A.I.M. 2. Clan WarsEdit
- Weight: 300 kg
- Ammo: 50 rounds
- Damage / volumetric: 2000 / 0 points
- Price: 250000 energy crystals
A.I.M. 2. Clan WarsEdit
Can be bought in the Altitude Sector.
A railgun is an electromagnetic projectile launcher. It uses (in real world) a pair of parallel conductors, or rails, along which a sliding armature is accelerated by the electormagnetic effects of a current that flows down one rail, into the armature and back along the other rail. Railguns are being researched as weapons using neither explosives nor propellant to accelerate the projectile. Read more about railguns on Wikipedia.